Don’t worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.~ Abraham Lincoln
Thank you Patricia of Willow’s Cabin for the nomination! Your blog would be one of my nominations if you didn’t already have this award. I appreciate the recognition and am glad my blog came to mind when you were considering nominees…
Here are the rules as listed on the “The Versatile Blogger Award” blog:
- Thank the person who gave you this award
- Include a link to their blog
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself
My Nominees for “The Versatile Blogger Award” are:
This was difficult for me, because I follow lots of blogs and interact with many interesting people… Anyway, in no particular order…
- Discovering Wisdom.-Pat has a lot of inspiring posts about spirituality and life on her blog. She gives good feedback on my efforts, as well as replying back to my comments on her topics.
- Gloria Embid– Gloria does wonderful illustrations and other creative projects, and injects issues relating to spirituality and life into her blog.
- Awsomem– This quirky blog has a bit of everything. I enjoy the comics and interesting facts and insights…
- Andrews Pencil– Andrew’s paintings are what originally caught my eye… They’re excellent. Lots of good art on his blog.
- Sneaking Out At Midnight– Robin produces great paintings and photography that she shares on her blog. It’s always interesting to read along with her journey through life…
- Quality Of Being– Penny has valuable insights to share about spirituality and life. Her posts are inspirational and useful too.
- Joanna Of The Forest-Thoughtful and honest commentary about spirituality and being human. She provides great feedback on some of my posts that I appreciate greatly.
- I Love Clover– A clever blog by a creative young woman named Emilee. Her drawings make me smile…
- Being Me From A to Z– Interesting writing and insights. I enjoy seeing what each new post is about.
- All We Are Saying Is…– A bit of synchronicity here… I just started reading Jim’s blog but I think he has a lot of important ideas to share…
- Super Nervous Cow– Kevin creates some awesome designs and shares them on his blog. I enjoy his whimsical images.
- Alla– Interesting thoughts, poems and drawings. Alla has provided feedback on numerous posts I have written…
- Osprey’s Lab– An eclectic blog about life and world domination…
- My [redacted] Journey– Victoria posts about her redacted journey… An insightful blog…
- Stuff My Brain Thinks– A spiritual journey worth following…
Seven things about me:
- I live on an acre of land with lots of garden beds, three cats, two dogs, eight chickens and a stuffed monkey.
- I’m a spiritual person, even though I don’t blog about it much. I’m a shamanic practitioner and a Reiki II practitioner.
- I have a special affinity with crows… I love them.
- My teenage daughter is named after the Fairy Queen of Munster, Ireland… Aine, pronounced Awn-yuh.
- I lived in New York for the first nineteen years of my life, but have been in Florida for the past 23 1/2 years.
- I grow a beard starting on the Autumnal Equinox and shave it off on the Vernal Equinox… September through March.
- I’m eligible to teach history 6-12 and art K-12 but have never actually done so…
Thank you again, Patricia, for nominating me for this award, and for the chance to nominate others who are deserving of recognition…
Grats on your award Doug 🙂
Those of you that I listed above, please message me a link to your post after you nominate your choices… I’m interested in checking them out.
You’re quite welcome! I love your blog! And thank you for sharing some awesome facts about yourself. Your house sounds like mine! We have four cats, and I have a sock monkey or two . . . lol 🙂 I’m looking forward to checking out the blogs you nominated as well.
Thank you, I will let you know when I get this up. 🙂
You’re welcome! I look forward to seeing your selections…
Thank your for the nomination! I appreciate your feedback and the seven things about you. I believe you would be an awesome teacher, though from what I’ve heard, the system is not always a well system. Maybe a substitute teacher, so you can continue to do all those other interesting things. Just an idea. I too am a Reiki 2 practitioner, though these days, I practice mostly on myself and my family (including the dogs.)
You’re very welcome! I don’t think I’m cut out to be a public school teacher. My wife teaches high school English, and she has some horror stories… I’ve been thinking about substituting…
I practice Reiki on myself and my family right now… And whatever animals I find who need it. One of my cats runs away from me when I try it on her, but the other two love it… Maybe I’ll try it on my chickens and see if they’ll lay some ostrich sized eggs…
Hey John! Thanks for the nomination.
Here are my picks: http://urbanosprey.wordpress.com/online-community
And seven super secret facts about me are on the way!
I may have misread the instructions and re-nominated you back 😉
Thanks for the re-nomination! We follow a few of the same blogs…
Hi John, thank you ever so much for nominating my page for this award. It is nice to receive it as encouragement to keep going! I am about to put up the links I like, and 7 things about myself, so check it out later if you like, when you have time.
Thanks again, Penny
Ok Penny… I’ll have a look.
Here is the specific link to my versatile blogger award post –
Thank you for the nomination. Here’s hoping positive energy will flow my way. Peace, ~victoria
You’re welcome… Zap! more energy…
Thanks so much for the nomination! 🙂 This really made me happy!! 😀 I am so happy that you enjoy reading my blog and my dog comics!! Thanks again! 🙂
You’re welcome Emilee!
Thank you so much for your kind words nominating my blog John, I really apreciate it, because I don’t think I deserve it, as I am writing as often as I would like…. (I just came back from Spain after 8 days and have not been able to check emails, blogs, so I was just very surprised and very grateful at the same time to see your message.. Muchísimas gracias desde lo más profundo de mi corazón…. (its lunch time, and I am at work trying to catch up with my blog….arrrrggghhhhhh..I need more time..arrrggghhhhh…I need to stop this office work… :-).. Thanks again John..x
You’re welcome. You Do deserve it. Keep working towards your goal.
I meant to say: I am Not writing as often as I would like, sorry about my mistake..
[…] shame. Several months ago, the authors of this blog, John and Doug, nominated me for an award, http://.dougdoeslife.com/2013/10/30/yes-monkeys-can-be-versatile-bloggers/. I did not respond. I’m not going to make up any excuse as to why I never responded to […]