Doug and I are excited and a bit surprised that one of our talents/ interests is spirituality. We weren’t shocked that creativity was there… After all, we started using tools when the other monkeys still had their hands stuck in the coconut. Cut that hole bigger monkeys! (If you have no idea what I’m talking about, Google “how to catch a monkey”).
We decided to get to know our new found talent. Doug and I wrote up some questions and interviewed Spirituality. There were some interesting and thought provoking answers provided…
- How can I help you to grow? What can I do to make you stronger?-Don’t deny me. Live me. Be your best, even when no one is watching. Help others.
- What is keeping you from being a stronger force in my life?- Fear. Your fear of trying… Fear of making decisions… Fear of failure.
- Wow. Thanks for going easy on me Spirituality. Anyway, how do you want to manifest in my life?- Follow me. Share me with others. Live me.
- Should I get a giant banana and beat people into submission and make them convert to the Monkey Way?- No. Share me by being an example that others can follow. Provide help and answers. Spirituality is a private, individual endeavor. Your way may not be the way for others. But you can share your experiences, trials and solutions to make life easier for all.
- How can I work with you and support myself while doing so?- There are many needy and lost people to help. Many need guidance. Guide them. Don’t worry about making money now. Help as many as you can, and rewards will follow because you will be doing what you’re supposed to be doing.
- Thanks Spirituality. I guess I’ll keep writing these blog posts then…
Doug and I discovered that Spirituality and helping others wants to express in our lives. We need to figure out how to weld this to creativity, and then I think we’ll have a good idea of what path to take in life. Stay tuned… And interview your own talent!
Write down some questions to ask one of your talents and interview it. Write down your talent’s answers. What can you learn from the answers that you’re given?
Good questions to start out with are:
- How can I help you grow?
- What’s stopping you from being stronger in my life?
- How do you want to manifest in my life?
- How can we work together in a career setting?
Ask other questions that are appropriate to your talent and situation. read over your questions and answers. Are there any surprises, or answers you didn’t expect? How do the answers help you narrow down what you want to be doing in life? Write down your observations.
Think about the interview. You probably uncovered some information that you haven’t examined much in the past. How does it make you feel? Excited? Good. Scared? Good…
Who’s talking you out of changing, and lives inside your head? Find out…